Cesarean section- (noun) a surgical procedure in which incisions are made through a mother's abdomen and uterus to deliver a baby

Elle Elizabeth Lawrence

Elle Elizabeth Lawrence
tummy time: three weeks old

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 49, Sears Photography Shoot

A few days ago Elle turned lucky number 7 weeks old. To commemorate the event I decided to take her into Sears and get her first professional photos done.

The photostudio opened at 10:00am. So, I assumed if we started getting ready at 8:00am we could leave the house a little early, and be the first ones there. I love how in my Pre-Elle days, all these little plans I used to make would work out just fine. But now, not so much. We ended up leaving the house a little past noon, and I was actually hustling the whole time.

I learned a few things about getting baby pictures done that day:

1. Always have an appointment. We waited for two hours.

2. Newborn props are for NEW borns. Poor Elle was busting out of everything cute they put her in! I guess at 12 pounds 10 ounces and 22 inches in length, she no longer qualifies as a newborn :( How sad is that?





















3. Bring several bottles. I thought that two four ounce bottles would be plenty. Wrong. If your baby eats when she's stressed, like mine, you'll need way more than you think. I ended up in the ladies room rinsing out one bottle in the sink and refilling it with bottled water and a "to go" packet of the first formula she was on.

4. Get in the picture. Being 15 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, I didn't think I wanted to be photographed, even with my own baby. But, Kristen, the photographer, made me hop in there. Now I have a memory that will last a life time.









1 comment:

  1. Those are cute pictures. I took my 10 month old to Sears and the pictures sucked so bad!

    ReplyDelete