Cesarean section- (noun) a surgical procedure in which incisions are made through a mother's abdomen and uterus to deliver a baby

Elle Elizabeth Lawrence

Elle Elizabeth Lawrence
tummy time: three weeks old

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 55, Her First Medicine

My "Earth Mother" days are over. Elle's taking her first medication at 55 days old. I know I had promised myself I'd do as much as I could the "natural" way. But when you see a baby crying while eating, well it's a sad sight. I couldn't take it. Waiting it out just didn't seem like the right thing to do. So, I called the doctor, again.

Dr. Acosta was kind enough to quickly call in the medication to Walgreens without seeing Elle in person. Elle is now taking 2ml of a fruity yellow medicine called NYSTATIN four times a day.

The silver lining is that she slept for 7 hours and 45 minutes last night! Being tired and medicated aparently has some benefit.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! Being an earth mother isn't defined by wether you give your baby medicine or not. You followed your instincts...which told you your baby needed comfort. Job well done in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete